Kings Cross Golden Age — Crime Stories, Clubs & Cocktail bars
- 天數: 2 小時 (左右)
- 位置: Potts Point, NSW
- 产品编号: Kingscross
Once a playground for bohemians, underworld figures & modernist architects in the early 20th century, this bustling pocket of Sydney became renowned as the 'Glittering Mile' — a red-light strip of neon fantasies, nightclubs, strip shows & 24 hour coffee bars, evolving over the 1960s & 70s.
Unpacking the notorious local personalities & the international stars who once visited The Cross during its golden-era, your tour will also wind back the clock to reveal the harbour-side mansions & Victorian villas that proudly remain here despite furious heritage battles that once sought to tear them down.
With Australia's highest concentration of Art Deco architecture and a controversial history of lust, luxuriance & long-nights out, our historical exploration through Kings Cross & Potts Point will be a feast for the senses that discovers why and how this place gained its vibrant reputation.
This tour is led by a heritage professional with extensive tour guiding experience and a knack for quality storytelling. Expect history with a sense of humour and the kind of juicy details that bring the past back to life.
The Walk will cover:
- The Glittering Mile of downtown Kings Cross.
- Razor Gang street battles.
- Hidden Sly Grog stores & Bordellos of the interwar years.
- Deluxe Art Deco Apartment Blocks.
- The foodies footpath of Llankelly Place.
- The Metro Theatre & Roosevelt Bar.
- The Butler Stairs & historic Victoria St.
- Extravagant Terraces & 19th C. Villas.
- Hotel rooms of The Beatles & Stones.
- The old Bourbon & Beefsteak.
- 1960s drag-show venues.
- Underbelly haunts & the red light strip