COLD ALES and CRIME TALES Australian Hotel, The Rocks
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: The Rocks, NSW
- Product code: CA&CT
COLD ALES & CRIME TALES OFFERS A DEEPLY REFRESHING WAY TO DISCOVER THE NOTORIOUS TRUE CRIME HISTORY OF THE ROCKS.Set inside the historic Australian Hotel in The Rocks, this 1.5 hour experience brings to life local crime stories while taking advantage on an exclusive 'locals discount' on all tap beers / house drinks at the bar (25% off) AND an exclusive special on the Pub's gourmet pizzas ($18 each).
In a relaxed private space of the pub that's perfect for storytelling, your historian host will unearth local tales of Sydney's criminal underworld from the 1820s to the 1950s — including forgotten crime stories that once took place at the Australian Hotel itself.
- Learn of the local Push Gangs who once robbed, terrorised and murdered to maintain their criminal control of the Rocks & Millers Point during the late 19th century.
- Discover the sordid underworld of brothels, opium dens, illegal gambling joints, doss houses and sly-grog shops that plagued this historic area and kept the local police force busy — mainly accepting bribes.
- Re-live the night an assassin waited on the street outside the Australian Hotel to shoot down a rival gangster over an underworld feud.
- And time-travel back 200 years to enjoy a vivid account of Australia's first bank robbery— a deliciously cunning heist by a crafty set of convicts in The Rocks in the 1820s.
This unique experience is designed to be a fun, social meet-up that combines true crime storytelling with classic Sydney pub culture in one of the most historic locations in Australia. We can't wait to have you onboard!
* Locals Discount = 25% off tap beers & house drinks at the bar
* Gourmet Pizzas special for ticket holders: $18
* All participants must be 18+ to attend
* Minimum group numbers may apply
* Contact Max for more information / private group bookings:
0421 269 240 email@example.com